Effective Date & Last Modified April 20, 2018.
SUMMARY OF KEY PRINCIPLES
- We typically collect two kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide that personally identifies you (e.g., full name or phone number); and (b) information that does not personally identify you (e.g., your IP address or type of browser);
- We typically use this information to provide you with our website and related services, and to produce reports and data about online shopping;
- We may disclose this information to authorized third parties including our merchants, advertising and promotional partners and third party service providers for these purposes;
- You may at any time opt-out of certain activities as set out below (see section VI);
- We encrypt any information you input using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software and take reasonable security measures to safeguard information;
- If you register with us, you have the ability to update or correct the information you previously provided via the account section;
- Our websites and our services are not designed or intended for use by children under 13; and
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect two kinds of information related to you: (a) Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”); and (b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-PII”).
(a) Personally Identifiable Information: PII includes any information that identifies you as person. We collect your PII when you choose to register with us or when you choose to participate in an interactive feature of our Sites such as a review, survey or promotion. You may: (a) potentially provide your name, mail/shipping address, email address, credit card number and phone number when registering with our Sites or in connection with a contest entry; (b) provide certain demographic information about you (e.g., age, gender, shopping interests and preferences, etc.) when participating in a survey or poll; or (c) post a general comment and/or recommendation on our Sites.
(b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Non-PII is any information that does not identify you as a person including PII which has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-PII either separately or together with your PII as described above.
HOW WE USE & SHARE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
PII and Non-PII is used to provide, or improve, our Sites and Services to you and to carry out your requests, respond to your inquiries, better serve you and understand your needs, or is used in other ways naturally associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information.
We may disclose PII and Non-PII to:
(1) our third party service providers who perform functions on our behalf in connection with the operation of the Sites or Services e.g., providers who host and manage data, process credit card orders, deliver our merchandise, etc;
(2) participating sponsors to a program or promotion you enter through our Sites or Services;
(3)our parent company, subsidiaries or other affiliated companies (“ affiliated companies”) for operational, marketing and promotional purposes;
(4) co-promotional partners and others with whom we have marketing or other relationships, who may already have non-PII or PII about you;
(5) participating merchants where you consent at the time you submit PII to us when using the interactive features of our Sites such as surveys and reviews concerning our participating merchants.
In addition, we use non-PII to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities (see “Preference Based Advertising” below).
III. COOKIES AND PREFERENCE BASED ADVERTISING
(a) Cookies and Web Beacons: We and the third parties we authorize automatically receive and store certain types of non-PII whenever you interact with us by using ‘cookies’ and analogous technology. So, for example, our cookies may allow us to show you the past products you have searched for on our Sites. It is important to note that the cookies that we use do not contain and are not tied to PII about you.
(b) Preference Based Advertising: We also work with and permit certain third parties, including advertising networks and website analysis firms, to place cookies on your computer/browser when you visit our Sites.
Some important notes: (1) the opt-out tools for Third-Party Ads include all the advertising networks that mr-coffee works with, but also many that mr-coffee does not work with; (2) opting out of Our Ads does not automatically serve as an opt-out from Third-Party Ads – the same is true the other way around. To opt-out of Our Ads and Third-Party Ads, you must use each respective opt-out tool above; (3) the opt-out tools for both Our Ads and Third-Party Ads rely on cookies to ensure that your non-PII is not used for online advertising purposes (“Opt-out Cookies”). Therefore, if you buy a new computer, change web browsers or delete these Opt-out Cookies from your computer, you will need to perform the relevant opt-out tasks again.
(c) Do Not Track Features: Certain browsers may offer you the option of providing notice to websites that you do not wish for your online activities to be tracked for preference based advertising purposes (‘DNT Notice’). Some browsers are, by default, set to provide a DNT Notice, whether or not that reflects your preference.
- SECURITY OF INFORMATION
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We also use a secure server hosting location in the US, firewall protection, controlled access and encryption technology to protect your data. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your PII.
- YOUR OPTIONS & OPT-OUTS
(a) What Information Can I Access? If you register as a mr-coffee member, you will typically have access to an account section that includes the registration information you previously provided which you can update or correct at any time. If there is any inaccurate information that you are not able to correct, just let us know. Also, if you wish, you can delete your membership account entirely although we may retain certain information in limited circumstances Furthermore, some information is never completely removed from our databases due to technical (e.g., information that is stored in our “back-up” systems) and certain legal constraints.
(b) You May Contact Us With Questions: If you have any questions or concerns about privacy at mr-coffee, please contact us at [email protected]
As neither our Sites nor our Services are intended for use by children under 13, children under 13 may not submit any PII to us. Also, i f you are under 18, you should use mr-coffee and submit information only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
VII. SOLE STATEMENT
© 2017 mr-coffee.